As a family child care, we operate a smaller program and therefore we can enroll children year-round as spaces become available. We are licensed for 14 kids (to be exact: four kids under 2 years (“infants and toddlers”), eight kids between 2 and 5 years; and 2 school-age kids). When a younger child turns two, we are usually able to enroll a new infant or toddler. Typically, we enroll between 7 and 10 children at any given time.
We offer first priority to currently enrolled families and their siblings. Then, we prioritize enrolling new families that live or work nearby. Here’s how to get started.
1. Read Our Handbook, Sample Contract & COVID Protocol
This is a LOT of useful information that will familiarize you with our program, our services, and our policies. For example, in the parent handbook, we provide detailed information about our sick policy and our process for potty training.
2. Sign Up for a Tour through our Interest List
If everything you’re read in those three documents sound good to you, you should sign up for our interest list to attend a tour.
Due to COVID, we are only offering tours when we have immediate openings to fill. As the economy reopens, we hope to resume scheduled tours. Sign up for our interest list so we can contact you when we have an age-appropriate slot for your child.
If you are expecting, I encourage you to join our interest list, and reach out to us after your child is born to inquire about availability closer to your intended return to work date.
3. Complete these Documents (if admitted)
If you have been accepted to Kennedy Family Child Care, you will need to complete and return the following documents.
Prior to the start date, registration is not complete and care will not commence until the following documents are received:
- Parent/Caregiver Contract (we will provide you with rates and other details for pages 2 and 3)
- Immunization Record
- Non-Refundable Materials Fee (payable via Check or by Zelle/Venmo)
- Placeholder Fee (for families accepting a space who are not able to immediately enroll) and
- The most current version of these mandatory State-issued forms (linked below):
- LIC 995A (8/08) – Family Child Care Home – Notification Of Parents’ Rights
- LIC 995E (10/09) – Important Information For Parents
- LIC 601 (8/08) – Identification And Emergency Information
- LIC 9150 (8/14) – Parent Notification – Additional Children in Care
- LIC 282 (8/08) – Affidavit Regarding Liability Insurance For Family Child Care Home
- LIC 627 (9/08) – Consent For Emergency Medical Treatment – Child Care Centers Or Family Child Care Homes
- LIC 9166 (2/01) – Nebulizer Care Consent/Verification (Child Care Facilities)